Apa sebenarnya yang ingin kamu kerjakan?
I actually want to finish Chapter 6. Now I am focusing on writing Section 6.1.
I am facing the problem, how I should write my ideas?
the more important question, what ideas I want to write there.
Let me focus on examining the five characteristics of effective PD in my Internet-authentic PD Model"
My questions, what this study tell us about the five characteristics?
The conclusion is, this characteristics is not enough in guide me to conduct this PD or, It might happen that my understanding on these characteristics was not enough.
I might also discuss how appropriate my research design and these five elements. What benefits and what's the limitation.
I think, if I just give them description, it will be a boring writing.
But here I need to reveal my arguments.
What my thinking, why/ and then how.
For example, I said that I found Jack was a very collaborative person indicated by two main evidence, collaboration between the researcher and collaboration with his colleagues, however promoting the uses of the Internet as a tool for collaboration faced many challenges. These challenges appeared as a result of Jack's preference of doing face-to-face collaboration.
Then I should explain/remind the readers what I had presented in Chapter 5.
I think this argument is not strong enough. Why?
Because, if we said the teacher prefer face-to face collaboration, then the internet is useless in this regard.
The important isue here, why some teacher love to do face-face collaboration? Why in another situation, teacher love to do online collaboration. What factors that bring other people love online collaboration. Is it because promoted by the school principal? Or is it because promoted by the lecturers whne in pre service or in service education.
Is that because, they did not find an appropriate face-to-face collaboration. Or is that because they found support through online, or it is just about time, having no time to conduct online collaboration? What about online community that growing a lot. How effective of them, how sustainable of them.
All these questions, I must keep in my mind, in analysing the case of jack.
Remember, the case of jack is just an example and through this case, we must learn something, or through this lesson, I will reveals some lessons about online teacher professional development.
From here, what the story tells us. So what invaluable things that people might need to think about it.
Well, all this is a part of our critical thinking, and I must reveal my rich of thinking in my writing.
How beautiful, if every sentence of mine, is meaningful and reflecting of my in depth thinking.
And therefore, this is the tie where i must link my finding with other people findings.
For examples, the study about online collaboration of beginning teacher. Isn't Jack a beginning teacher?
the study about the challenges of promoting the internet as online collaboration, such as because the participants have on site face-to-face contacts.
Or the big finding from several surveys, about the lack of use of the Internet for collaboration. Many people reveal or believe or argue about the potential of the Internet as a collaboration tool to enhance the learning, then they claimed for example that most teachers haven't use this capacity, well this study giving a part of the answer why didn't they use it.
Or I can also connect this regard with the teacher's time. Jack found that information is overloaded through the Internet. Finding time to do other things might be another problems. How the connection of the research saying that the ICT could increase time for teaching since the technology can make easy many administrative jobs.
And remebre, i have another case here how Ann can use it effectively for collaboration. Why she use it. How she found benefits from this.
Or I might reveal about what factors that can bring an effective collaboration. Then I state that community practice learning theory is important to analyse this thing.
Even though i pointed many different viewpoints here, but certainly, i also have a stance to focus on one thing.
I mainly want to reveals, to analyse this, understanding the teacher learning is crucial. The internet is only a tool of learning. Just similar, when i can point, there are many expertise in a teacher community, there are a professional groups in the community, but why some teachers do not involve in these group. All this can be analysed from the lens of teacher professional learning, factors that influence them.
I think, I am moving forward with this thinking.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home