Diary Penelitian PhD

Online diary ini untuk mendokumenkan kegiatan penelitian saya. Maeskipun ide ini terlambat diimplementasikan tetapi saya berharap ini akan bermanfaat dan efektif untuk kerja-kerja penelitian saya selanjutnya

Friday, January 25, 2008

Meeting with Prof. Goos 25 January 2008, 3.30 - 4.35

Hmmm, I am always happy meeting with my supervisors. I've never felt scared or so "grogi". It's always relax. It is just like talking with friends. Hope all the next meeting would be like that.

Merrilyn had no time to read my email and my document because she was very busy. Amazingly that she said "felt guilty". Therefore she asked me to print the progress report to give a signature. I also printed two pieces of my writing that I sent yesterday night.

We finally signed the progress report and she read my documents and giving comments. She looked happy with my writing and praised a lot.

Several things that I need to add after she listened my expalanation:
  1. Add: "nevertheless" (p.1)
  2. At the end of paragraph 1, saying something about the geography of Indonesia: "also significant because the geography of Indonesia that contained many islands in distant, that previously very difficult to connect between teachers and teacher educators in different islands. (p2)
  3. draw a little picture of the style of teaching in Indonesia. I will insert this sentence. "Teacher institutions (which model transmissive teaching methods despite espousing problem solving approaches to teaching and learning). (p.4)
  4. Explain Diploma 4 = Four year Diploma) (p.5)
  5. Explain my sentence about the competition between teachers & Internet such as saying: Internet can present concepts in more interactive way" p.6
  6. Add something like: geographically dispersed teachers. p. 7

For the second implication about PD, we agree to write only 1 page (for the links to my research) and 1 page for the implication.

So I need to write only 2 pages to finish the second section.

At the end of the meeting, I said that "this is a real learning for me". Why I always say this, because how long process to develop the ideas, and to write them in an understandable language.

Oh satu pelajaran penting lagi hari ini, dia minta maaf karena menanyakan kabar seorang teman saya (yang selama ini menemukan kesulitan dalam PhD yang mungkin salah satunya diakibatkan karena proses supervisi yang kurang memadai). Setelah mengajukan pertanyaan, beberapa detik kemudian dia minta maaf karena dan memperjelas maksudnya bukan untuk nanya hal akademik atau masalah tapi hanya kabar-kabar biasa.

Satu pelajaran yang patut dipetik, bahwa sikap begini telah beberapa kali saya dengar dicerita oleh teman. Termasuk jika seorang supervisor membimbing dua orang, maka dia tidak akan menceriterakan kejelekan satu sama lainnya.

Bukankah hal ini patut di contoh, demi untuk menjaga hubungan baik dan untuk tidak melukai perasaan orang lain.

Selanjutnya, apa yang perlu saya kerjakan?

Saya akan meeting dengan Shelley hari Rabu. Mungkinkah saya mengerjakan implikasi penelitian saya secara keseluruhan?

Jika besok saya pergi jalan, maka saya bisa bekerja hari Minggu (termasuk kirim dokumen ke Shelley) dan hari Senin bisa main sama anak-anak. Selasa bisa bertemu dengan SSS dan hari Rabu, meeting dengan Shelley.

Insya Allah jika Allah menghendaki.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home