Thinking the implications
Let me bring the ideas of teachers learning or teacher professional development using the Internet into context of Indonesia.
Let me think the potential of the Internet as a learning tool.
- I am confident to say, that the case of Ann is possibly happen in Indonesia. Why? The situation of Ann in the last 12 years ago, typically the same for many Indonesia teachers in terms of the availability of the Internet. The computer was rare in the classroom. The Internet connection was very rare. When the Internet was only available in the library, Ann used it. When the Internet was rare at the time, Ann already embraced it and believing the potential communication of the Internet.
- Similarly, the case of Jack might happen in the future in Indonesia. When the technology will be available, the favourable environment are there, but the teacher might not use the technology in rich way. Because it need other requirements to be able to optimise that tool.
What can I learn from my understanding at the current situation in Indonesia?
What can I learn from little cases of Indonesian teachers? From my visiting recently to Indonesia?
Before answering this questions, I need to tell the readers clearly the Indonesian cases.
I need to tell the readers about the Indonesian context. What do they need to know? or what should I tell the readers about Indonesian context.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home