Checking the written comments of Merrilyn
The implications or my interpretation are:
- Use the correct "zone languages". It would be better if I can write the Draft of Zone theories for Chapter 2.
- Write about Ann's belief about teaching, learning, students, mathematics. Also mention her knowledge which was gained as an experienced teacher.
- No 1 & 2 resuted in the management of computers and management of Internet task
I also need to write about the relationship between ZPD and "students" as an element of ZFM
Also mention the new syllabus as an affordances for Ann because it supports her preferred approach to developing mathematical thinking.
I wrote in page 3:
"Ann’s ZFM appeared to afford teaching actions consistent with her beliefs about mathematics teaching and learning."
Merrilyn commented that
"not necessarily! Her ZFM was full of constraints (poor resources, cramped space, passive students)"
We agreed that: Ann tries to fashion a ZFM to suit her ZPD/ZPA
Meerilyn said this is the important relationship between ZPD and ZPA, and that is the foundations for Ann's professional learning.
Merrilyn also emphasize that: Jack saw the new syllabus as a constraint while Ann saw it as an opportunity.
Another elemnts of ZFM is time. I need to talk more about it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home